Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


My name is Michael Strachan and I was born in the city of Long Beach, California in the year of January 14th, 1980.  I grew up in South Gate, California until the age of 14th and then moved to Las Vegas, Nevada in 1994 with my parents.  I started in a brand new High School and was the 1st 4 year graduating class.  After graduation, I just worked and did not really know what I wanted to do as a career or just in life in general.  I dabbled in photography for a while but did not pursue anything with it.  As I grew older and many different jobs and 2 kids, I finally decided to challenge myself and go to college to show my boys that it can done.  I do wish I started earlier on in life but that is the challenge when you do not know what you really want to do in life or where to start.  But certain circumstances force you into making that decision.  Fortunately, for me so far it has been a great decision and even a better experience.
 I want to be a designer because I want to create things new and undiscovered.  I want to be able to create something that someone will say WOW and have a great impact on their lives.  I also would love to incorporate my passion for photography with web design and possibly create a stock photo page that is revolutionary for all generations to come.  I guess something like how Facebook has become.  I want to be able to say that is my work for Xx Company.  I chose to be a designer because that will always be around and the only thing that really changes besides technology is your creativity.  You only can go as far as your mind lets you!  I'm also doing it to open up my mind creatively and network more.  More importantly than that is to challenge myself and see how far I can be creative.  This is all new to me as far as web design.  It also would be nice to leave a legacy as well.  Taking classes in my field of study will allow me to stay motivated and expand my knowledge on creativity and design.  That is why I want to be a designer!
Thank you for taking time out of your life and reading my blog.  Here you will read things about my life and activities; as well you will find a link to my twitter page where you can follow here: https://twitter.com/cococowboi3

No comments:

Post a Comment